Welcome to the 2021-2022 Scholarship Page! Organizations from Eldorado and the surrounding area continue to support our students as they pursue post-secondary education. Please take advantage of these opportunities and apply!
I will be updating this page as new Local Scholarships become available to me. Please check back frequently to ensure you see all opportunities available to you. I am happy to help with this process and review applications. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Remember, it is the students’ responsibility to print and complete any applications they are interested in applying for, as well as making sure to include all requested documents.
- Keep track of deadlines!
- Update your resume to include any information from this school year. Please look at the Resume Guide and example resumes on this page.
- Start requesting support documents now!
- High School Transcripts (Mrs. O’Neil or Mrs. Ballew)
- Letters of Recommendation – please see letter of recommendation request form. This is a helpful tool to give someone you request a letter from. You can print these or pick one up from bulletin board outside of my office.
- Volunteer Hour/Experience verification letters.
- Howard College Transcripts for dual credit students – request through MyHc account. I do not have access to your HC transcript and am not able to request this for you.
- Make sure you include ALL documents with your applications. Most organizations will rule out your application simply for being incomplete! Check, check, double check and let someone else check for you!
- Neatly organize all scholarship documents in a manila envelope (9 x12).
Online resources for scholarships-please be aware of fraudulent scholarships. For more information, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/
Scholarship Application Links
San Angelo Area Foundation
Apply online at https://www.saafound.org/scholarships
The following documents will be required from high school seniors:
- ACT & SAT test scores
- Documentation of college credit hours from the institution awarding the credits
- Current transcript
- Two letters of recommendation – 1 personal & 1 academic
HEB Scholarships for Texas Athletic, Music and Academic Participants
Apply Online at https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/application-form/
What you will need to apply:
- Current GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A short essay (500 words or less) on the topic: "What does Community mean to you?"
ACET Scholarship Information
ACET offers twenty scholarships annually to graduating high school students. The tuition scholarships are for $1,000, and are payable directly to the college, universty, or other post-secondary institution of the student's choice. Student applicants must provide documented proof of participation in a compensatory education program sometime during their school career. The definition of compensatory programs is a program that provides remedial assistance and support for students who have failed STAAR or at-risk of dropping out of school. Additional programs include programs for migrant, Title I, Bilingual/ESL, and pregnant or parenting students.
For more information and to apply online, visit https://www.acetx.org/scholarship-application/
Texas Farm Bureau