Under HB 3, school boards are required to adopt plans in early childhood literacy and math, as well as college, career, and military readiness. All plans are required to include:
- at least one assigned district-level administrator or employee of the regional education service center for the district’s region to coordinate implementation and submit annual report to the board on the district’s progress;
- an annual review by the board at a public meeting;
- an annual report posted on district and campus websites; and
- specific, quantifiable, annual goals for five years at each campus.
Early childhood plans are required to include:
- annual goals for aggregate student growth on 3rd grade math and reading STAAR;
- annual targets for students in each group evaluated under closing the gaps domain;
- targeted professional development for classroom teachers in kindergarten through 3rd grade for campuses that the board identifies as not meeting the plan’s goals and that considers the unique needs of students in bilingual education or special language programs.
- annual targets that may be set for students in bilingual or ESL programs.
College, career, and military readiness plans are required to include:
- annual goals for aggregate student growth on CCMR readiness indicators evaluated under the student achievement domain; and
- annual targets for students in each group evaluated under closing the gaps domain.
Eldorado Elementary School Early Childhood Plan
SCISD College, Career, and Military Readiness Plan